Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shahi Rabri (The Emperors Dessert)


( Click image for enlarged view )


One of my special moments after marraige was when my hubby gifted me a cookery book "Microwave Cooking with Tarla Dalal". I prepared my first dessert "shahi rabri" from this book. The very name "shahi" means royal n "rabri" means thick milk dessert.

This is an exotic dessert which can be prepared very quickly with minimum ingredients. Cottage cheese is simmered in milk n flavored with pistachio n cardamom.

Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time : 6 min
Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups organic milk
  • 1 cup grated paneer(cottage cheese)
  • 1/2 cup condensed milk
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped pista
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
  • 2-3 drops of rose essence
For Garnishing
  • 1 tsp pista

( Click image for enlarged view )

Cooking Procedure

Mix all the above ingredients in a microwave safe deep bottom bowl n microwave on high for 6 min.In between stir it at every 2 minutes.

After 6 min let it cool then garnish with chopped pista n refrigerate for minimum 1 hr n serve cold.

Note: The chosen bowls height should be 4 times the height of the milk because this will prevent the milk from overflowing in the microwave.

Party Serving Tip: Before refrigeration first divide them in small serving bowls, then garnish n refrigerate. Serve chilled directly to guests.

I am sending this yummy shahi rabri to


MEC Festive Events hosted by Smitha and started by Srivalli


ON GOING EVENT


'Cooking for Kids' event by Sharmi , guest hosted at Veggieplatter

____________________________________________________________

Tags: Pista Shahi Rabri, Pista Shahi Rabidi, Rabri, Rabadi, Indian Dessert, Indian Sweet, Microwave dessert, Cold dessert, Easy Recipe, Tasty recipe

42 comments:

aipi said...

Cute ..those gifts are forever special,aren't they ;)
Rabri looks DELICIOUS!

Sushma Mallya said...

Yummy sweet dish,...

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Satya
How are you?
I am just back from Taipei ...and what a great sweet dish you have posted here!!! ..cant wait to make it.
Have a nice week ahead

Arti said...

That was a 'Sweet' gift, Satya;)
The dish looks heavenly divine!
Super:)

Sangi said...

Sweet looks really yummy and rich..

Raks said...

Wow,I am now craving for this!! Looks sinfully delicious!

Suneetha's kitchen said...

Yummy and seems easy to prepare..will try it

Rahin said...

gorgeous! looks so yummy

subhashini said...

It looks perfect one dear.Janmashtami is ahead I have bookmarked it for the day.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Rabri Looks super yummy.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Jaisy James said...

nice n yummy dear

Joanne said...

I like the idea of a microwave dessert! This looks super tasty.

sonu said...

this looks super delicious...

Sadhana Valentina said...

That looks awesome dear!!!

Santosh Bangar said...

hi satya
i like pic of every recipe they are so alive .paneer rabri mouthwatering so lovely'think eat just now

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Rabri chudadaniki chala bavundhi with creamy texture.chala simple ga undhi.

Suji said...

Mouthwatering paneer rabri Satya, wanna have some right now, great shots..

Sulagna said...

Absolutely mouth-watering..Will try this out :-)

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

So Rich and yummy!!!

Vijitha said...

Richie rich! :-)

Elaichii said...

Scrumptious!
www.elaichii.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

what a delightful bowl of rabri!
love it dear.looks thick and very very yummy

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, wat a fabulous looking rabri, very rich and yummy..

Unknown said...

how sweet...super creamy and delicious!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

Droolin over this delicious sweet!!

Suman Singh said...

lovely..how sweet of him..

Rabri looks divine and irresistible.

Lorraine said...

Great memories with this recipe. It looks delicious..thanks:)

Myvegfare said...

Lovely Rabri in MW, I tried one today just to participate in MW of valli's, I have never tried cooking in MW, This one is cute!, will try it sometime soon

Bergamot said...

the rabri looks delicious

Satrupa said...

Satya, you tickled my sweet tooth :) Luv ur version of this yummy rabri. Bookmarked it .

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa
http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Congrats Satya, your dish is absolutely breathtaking and so delicious. Thanx for sending this great entry to my event. Lovely pics too...:)

Best Wishes,
Jay

Unknown said...

I Am soooooooooooo making it. I love rabri and that too in microwave sounds very tempting.

Srivalli said...

Thank you for the lovely entry Satyasree

Rajani Rayudu said...

Hi Satya,

Thanks for sharing your yummy Rabri in microwave. I will definitely going to try this for party.

cheers
rajani

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy satya,...but i am sure will all settle down on my waist if I have them....Wen I make sweets that are so heavy in calories, I simply eat one spoon everyday ...that helps to satisfy my cravings and also in the weight area!!! Your version is simple yet rich.

Shobha

a moderate life said...

Hi Satya and thank you for sharing this recipe on the hearth and soul hop this week! I love it that your husband gave you a cook book at wedding time to help you set up your kitchen! Such a thoughtful man. I adore dairy desserts and as I just learned to make paneer, I may try this for a fancy dinner dessert! Alex@amoderatelife

Heather S-G said...

Satya, this is absolutely DIVINE! It sounds so delicate, I can almost taste it! So lovely, thank you for sharing it with the hearth and soul hop this week =)

Miz Helen said...

I would just love your recipe and I plan to try it.
Thank you...

Christy said...

Ah what a simply wonderful dessert! Simple and delicous! Thanks for linking this to the hearth and soul hop.

Matilda said...

rose essence... mmm!

Anju Rathore said...

Hi Satya,rabri looks very tempting and the recipe is quite simple. I have bookmarked it for coming diwali.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Looks tempting and wonderful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails