Friday, August 13, 2010

Cheesecake Truffles

(Click image for enlarged view)

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts after coming to US.And before I go back to India I wanted to experiment as much as possible with baking. I got this recipe from Nags Edible Garden....the moment I saw the post I fell in love with truffles and seemed quite easy to prepare. Last weekend I bought all the ingredients needed to make cheesecake truffles and prepared it yesterday. They came out so well . I must give a BIG HUG to Nag for pulling out this recipe out of her cookbook.They tasted exactly as she described. Yumville !! You will find the original recipe here. I used the same measurements and technique.

Ingredients:

For Cheesecake
  • 250gm cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar ( or little less as per ur taste)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup whipping cream
  • pinch of salt
For Dipping Chocolate
  • 8 ounces of semi sweet melted (I used Bakers semi sweet chocolate bar)
(Click image for enlarged view)

Cooking Procedure

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and set aside.

Beat together all the above ingredients for cheesecake.

Bake for about 30 mins until the cake is spongy and it should not dry up it should be lightly moist.Color should not change.Keep aside to cool.

Cut different shapes with cookie cutter.In the meantime melt the chocolate as per instructions on package and keep aside to cool.

Dip the cheesecake pieces into the melted chocolate and transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper.( Used a spoon to scoop the cheesecake out from the chocolate dip )

Freeze it for 2-3 hours and your truffles are ready !!

I want to thank Kiran of Sumadhura for a sweet thank you note for participation, who posted her Cooking With Whole Foods: Barley roundup. It is a fantastic roundup n never doubt what can be prepared with barley.....Thank you Kiran



And a paticipation certificate from Nivedita for the Event CELEBRATE SWEETS~HALWA which had a roundup on August 1st.It has a superb collection of Halwas which can be very useful for festival time... Thank you Nivedita.


48 comments:

PranisKitchen said...

sathya the truffles looks simply delicious.. perfectly made.. good one sathya

Sangi said...

tempting truffles... a pac of cream cheese in my fridge is now calling me to make these cuties.. ;)

Hamaree Rasoi said...

OMG Irresistible truffles.....Save some few me Satya ;-)
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Elaichii said...

It's bed time now and You've successfully made me drool over those truffles! Book marked and will try soon!

aipi said...

hi satya, you know that chocolate is my weakness, n among the different kinds of chocolate the sound of truffles just drives me crazy..can u plz plz send me atleast one :):)
incorporating cheese cake was a nice twist ..

Suman Singh said...

truffles looks great..

Satrupa said...

Satya ..... I am jealous of ur husband .... he getz to eat all these yummy stuff u make :)
Chocolates truffles are a feast to my eyes. Luv them !

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa
http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Urmi said...

Cheese truffles looks fabulous, tempting and great. Feel like having it now.

Anonymous said...

chocolate truffles ache lag rahe hai picture mein to...
recipe share karne ke liye shukriya...

Meri Nayi Kavita par aapke Comments ka intzar rahega.....

A Silent Silence : Naani Ki Sunaai Wo Kahani...

Banned Area News : Gerrard says okay for fans to boo England Lions if they fail

Unknown said...

wow dear, they look amazing !!! Satya, you need to get that uppudu pindi with mango pickle recipe for me. Sounds wonderful, please please please bug your MIL and get that for me :)

Ms.Chitchat said...

OMG, superb clicks and very very tempting too. Cheesecake truffles sounds too yummy.

Shabs.. said...

Thats so beautifiland tempting satya....i have seen anothe freind of mine preparing it and it is on my to try list...i wouldlov ethe flovours.

Akila said...

Thats really superb dear... looks perfect.... love it....

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi Satya,
Lovely truffles!
I love to make these, but don't get cheese cream here.
Have my share too!

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

yummm.looks so beautiful.

Spice said...

yummy....truffles look good....btw satya, for some reason the comment u posted on CSN giveaway post is not showing up it's in my mail but not in the comment section, so if u want to participate in the giveaway can u please comment again....i really tried to post that but i don't know....sometime I feel I hardly know anything about blogger(blogspot).....sorry for the trouble & btw what's your e-mail ID??

Vegetarian Zest said...

Just wondering how you manage to make such tasty looking stuff everyday and post it too. Hats off to you.
Love this recipe. If my sugar levels are high...i'm going to hold you responsible...hahaha

Btw, by mistake i deleted your comment from my post. I hope you don't mind.

Vasavi Suresh said...

A real scrumptious treat for those chocolate lovers. Love the recipe.

megha said...

looks yummy.now i hv started feeling to eat it.i love chocolates.thanks for sharing

Anudeepa Kadiresan said...

REally super yummy recipe,we all liked your post,will try this sure.

Sushma Mallya said...

Yummy truffles sathya...

chaitrali pathak said...

thats such a wonderful and chocolaty treat....looks super yummy

My Kitchen Antics said...

yup...definitely a keeper...jus posted the same 2 days bak:)

Uma said...

perfect looking truffles... yummy!

Champa said...

Satya,
These truffles look awesome. THanks for the entry. I will include it in next week's bake-off. I had already composed this week's roundup before I got yours.

Nandinis food said...

It's a chocolate-y treat! Very lovely and awesome!

Heather S-G said...

Beautiful little bites! What a superb idea to keep the calories in check =) (sort of....LOL...cause I'd probably eat enough to make up a whole slice)

Swathi said...

Cute little chocolate treat, nice one. I love anything with cream cheese.

sanjeeta kk said...

Beautiful and very chocolaty treat Satya!!

Vikis Kitchen said...

Truffles look very tempting and gorgeous dear. Very nice presentation dear.

Treat and Trick said...

What a lovely dessert! Looks so delicious and turns out so well...

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Namitha said...

Chocolately and yumm dessert...looks so inviting

Latha said...

Absolutely yummy looking!

swapna said...

Looks perfect and yummy!!!

Suja Manoj said...

Awesome..yummy treat..looks so inviting.

SpicyTasty said...

Cheesecake truffles looks awesome and tempting...

Unknown said...

Bookmarked it.....surely a lipsmacking sweet treats...

Anita said...

Nice desert, It looks so tempting.

amna said...

thank you so much for trying. will link back to you from my "tried and tasted" section :)

Lav said...

OMG simply delicious !! My hubby loves cheese cakes


Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com

Adelina said...

this is the ultimate truffle! Chocolate cannot get better than this! That shot is making me grab some chocolate right away!

Sadhana Valentina said...

Yummy ones dear....u made it perfect.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I did see these at Nags blog and I really must try them out sometime. They look very good.

megha said...

thanks satya for ur comment on my green gram dosas.did u see my saffron almond carrot kheer?

Unknown said...

Cheesecake truffles looks super yum Sathya :)

Pari Vasisht said...

scrumptious ones, so sinful and beautiful, perfect for every one.
FOODELICIOUS

Anonymous said...

Tried this out. It was very tasty.

MiniBinoy said...

God!! these truffles look sinfully luscious!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails