A mousse in french means foam and is a prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. This mango mousse it a soft,light, fluffy and creamy delicious treat which will simply melt in your mouth.
- 200 gms mango puree ( I used fresh banganapalle mangoes )
- 200 gms heavy whipped cream ( I used nilgiris fresh cream )
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp water
Mix the gelatin with water nicely.
Heat mango puree and sugar in a pan until warm.Add the gelatin mix nicely till it completly dissolves. Remove from the flame and let it cool.
Now whip the cream till peaks form, gently fold the above cooled mango puree to the whipped cream until it nicely blends
Now pour it into a serving dish and refridgerate for 1 hr.
1. If you are using canned mango puree then dont add sugar.
2. Gelatin mix should be added to warm mango puree and immediately stirred it should be switched off as soon as possible while it is warm. If it becomes hot then gelatin will loose its property and the mousse will not set.
3. Only when the gelatin mixed mango puree is fully cooled then only it should be added to the whipped cream otherwise the cream will melt and you will not get the correct consistentcy for the mousse
4.If you set the mousse in small portions then it can be served as it is