Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stuffed Brinjal Curry

( Click image for enlarged view )

There are so many variations of stuffed brinjal curry. This is one of my favorite version. You can make this in pan or in pressure cooker. If using pressure cooker keep it for one whistle and switch of immediately.This way you will save lot of time, I normally pressure cooker but this i used a pan.I am sure you will enjoy this curry.

Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time : 20 min

Ingredients
  • 10 to 12 brinjals (eggplant)
For stuffing
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
  • 1 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2 chopped green chillies
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • 1 small lemon size tamarind
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp sambar powder
  • salt to taste
For tempering
  • 1/4 tsp musterd seeds
  • 1 spring curry leaves
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • a pinch of hing (asafetida)

( Click image for enlarged view )
Preparing the stuffing:
Dry roast peanuts n sesame separately and grind them together to a fine powder. Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup warm water for 15 min,extract pulp out of it n aside In a bowl mix all above ingredients along with peanut n sesame powder and half of the tamarind pulp into a nice paste.

Preparing the stuffed brinjal curry:
Wash the brinjal , do not remove the stem , and slit them vertically and horizontally like a plus sign without breaking them into halves.Now stuff the mixture in each brijal ,after stuffing all of them if still the masala remain ,then add to it the remaining tamarind pulp with some water to it to make a thin paste n keep aside .

Heat the oil in a pan ,add the tempering and then add the stuffed brinjals softly ,blend them nicely with the oil now add the remaining masala and cover it ,stir occasionally till brinjal become soft .


( Click image for enlarged view )
Serve hot with rice.

I am sending this recipe as a guest post to Lisa's Indian Dinner Party!

and also posting this recipe to 2 wonderful events

"Jay Ho Brinjal " hosted by Jay







_______________________________________________________________

Tags: Brinjal, Eggplant, Gutti Vankaya, Stuffed Brinjal, Stuffed eggplant, Brinjal Curry, Eggplant Curry, Curry, Easy Recipe, Tasty recipe,

56 comments:

Satrupa said...

Satya,
The Bringjal curry looks DIVINE !! Pass me the plate.

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa
http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

aipi said...

My hubby is the biggest eggplant lover, n this is one of his most fav..
Looks awesome dear!!

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

The curry tastes yummy satya

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

Am not a brinjal fan.but ur curry tempting me to buy brinjal.looks awesome dear:)

Prema said...

sathya,really wouderfull dear...this so unique,thanks for sharing will try this version...

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks beautiful !!!!

Nandinis food said...

Wow! Wonderful dish dear! Pass me the plate. Slurp:)

Adelina said...

looks smashing! Easy to make too!

Swathi said...

Stuffed brinjal looks delicious Satya. I haven't tried any stuffed ones.

Sushma Mallya said...

Thats a lovely recipe,perfect with rice...

Vasavi Suresh said...

That's a lovely pic. Sounds yummy too.

Unknown said...

I am drooling over here....lovely dish...

chef and her kitchen said...

Even I do these kind of curries in pressure cooker sometimes...it saves lot of time...looks yummy

chaitrali pathak said...

looks divineee

Saritha said...

I love brinjals in any form,loved ur version

sonu said...

luved this bharva baingan,it looks so delicious !

Rach said...

Yummy. Even I always make stuffed brinjal ( with many versions) Ennegai is a speciality at my mom's place :)

kitchen queen said...

tempting and mouthwatering brinjal curry.

chitra said...

I haven't used brinjal for stuffing. Let me try this.

Sum Raj said...

looks soo yummy..

Priya Suresh said...

Droolworthy stuffed brinjal curry, looks very tempting..

My Kitchen Antics said...

i can almost feel the spice..awesome with rice

Vegetarian Zest said...

To be honest i'm not a bi fan of eggplants but my hubby is and so i cook few dishes for him. Your recipe is a big help. I have never made such a thing...a big change for him.

Vegetarian Zest said...

To be honest i'm not a bi fan of eggplants but my hubby is and so i cook few dishes for him. Your recipe is a big help. I have never made such a thing...a big change for him.

Fathima said...

Pass me that plate, just the perfect lunch... love the stuffed brinjal...

Joanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! This looks so tasty and is absolutely bursting with flavor!

Vrinda said...

Nice recipe with brinjal...looks fab

Elaichii said...

Satya, i know this is an Andhra delicacy and i love it. Book marked !

R. Ramesh said...

hey good blog ya congrats:)

Richa said...

hey ,nice idea ,I also make this curry in pan but never tried it in pressure cooker,this time will give it a try in cooker.

Suja Manoj said...

Lovely stuffed brinjal..pass me that plate please.

Suji said...

Brinjals ar emy fav ..Stuffed ones looks perfect Satya..I love it...

Indian Cuisine Blogroll said...

Stuffed brinjal looks delicious...

anamika said...

You are getting betters with your pictures every day..and i havent tried stuffed brinjal with green baigan..i have always used the black one.

R. Ramesh said...

hey thanks ya..i will have to visit yr blog again as i cook for myself as of now..will look for easy 2-min cook tips..add to that me a veggie..how sad na? nanri...:)

Anonymous said...

Just wanna dive into that curry :)
Its so yummy looking...i also cook the same way!

Uma said...

sounds spicy and delicious..
worth trying!

Pari Vasisht said...

Stuffed baingan are always welcome.Looks good.
FOODELICIOUS

Guna's kitchen said...

vry tempting stuffed brinjals... can feel the taste .... yummy

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

the eggplant curry looks divine!

Suman Singh said...

looks delicious..that platter of food makes me hungry...mmm...

Treat and Trick said...

Looks so delicious, love the stuffing and great click dear...

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Jaya M said...

Satya,

Never made stuffing with sesame seeds, well would love to try this way with loads of flavour.Looks so delicious.
hugs and smiles

Indian food recipes said...

wooow!
gr8 recipe sathya..luv it...tnx 4 shrng dear

swapna said...

lovely curry and spicy...yummm

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

mouthwatering n looks super yummmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Oh wow Satya, brinjal looks super yum and delicious, am drooling over here :)

Namitha said...

I do agree about the different versions..I too have one posted in our blog...but this one with sambar pwder looks wonderful Satya

Sadhana Valentina said...

That looks tempting..sure it wud have tasted divine

Akanksha said...

wow..looks so yummy..will surely try it out..bookmarked

Mausi said...

This curry looks spicy and good! I have never seen this kind of eggplant before but I love eggplants! Is this something I can order in the restaurant? I would love to try it!

Akila said...

Wow... looks perfect...


CID - 2010 Event Round up

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

Regards,
Akila.

Padmini Prasad said...

Hi Satya,
Thanks for visiting my blog.I am glad you liked the pesto recipe that I posted.I was extremely happy to see your blog and it is lovely,
I am a new blogger posting vegetarian recipes.Hope we can exchange ideas and keep in touch.
Thanks.
Padmini.

Sulagna said...

I love stuffed brinjals..I'm so hungry after looking at the pic !!

Free Softwers Download with Fullversion keys said...

Hello.........

I am pakka Hyderabadi.......
I like this dish with white,Bhagar rice.....
Its great tested......
Thanks to see this dish in your blog.......
Thanks for share.....
Andhra Recipes

Satya said...

Nice yummy curry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails