Friday, July 16, 2010

Mutter Paneer(Green pea n Cottage cheese)

This curry is in my draft ,i prepared this one along with some other dishes on my hubby's birthday as we call some of his friends for evening dinner ...this curry came out very well , everybody liked it n hope u will also enjoy it very much :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup frozen/fresh green peas
  • 1 cup cubed cottage cheese
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 1 cup diced tomato
  • 8 to 10 cashew nut
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp kasuri methi
  • 1/4 tsp cummin seeds
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp chilli powder
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1/8 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • salt to taste
Cooking procedure:

Soak cashew nuts water for 1 hr .

Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes till all the sides light golden brown(optional)

Heat oil in the same pan ,add onion ,turmeric powder stir till onion become traslucent

Add tomatos and fry till tomatos become soft ,then add all powders , stir till oil begins to appear in gravy

Transfer the mixture to a plate n let it cool

After it cool add to the blender with cashew nuts n milk ,make a smooth paste .

Now heat the butter in the same pan ,add cummin seeds n once cummin seeds splutter

Add the above paste n fry for 2 more min n once butter starts coming out in gravy add green peas and mix nicely

Add a 3/4 cup of water n let it cook till peas become tender

Add paneer cube n mix them carefully n now add kasuri methi by crushing it nicely to this curry n mix it carefully otherwise paneer may break apart

Let it cook for 2 more mins and serve hot with rotis, jeera rice, veg fried rice etc

Note: I shallow fried the paneer cubes as they were for long in my fridge and if i add them directly they may break apart ,to avoid this i shallow fried it .If paneer is fresh no need to fry .

35 comments:

Unknown said...

that is beautiful looking matar paneer dear.

Umm Mymoonah said...

Delicious looking curry, my favourite and my dad's favourite too:-)

aipi said...

The matar paneer looks so creamy and perfect..my all time fav... . can you ship me some..:-)

Krishnaveni said...

my fav recipe, yummy yum, great

Suhaina said...

wow Sathya.. pls pass me that bowl of that curry. so rich and creamy love it.. looks very very tempting

Unknown said...

Hi Satya, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving encouraging words. I absolutely love paneer and this is one of my favorite dish.

Torviewtoronto said...

Looks delicious

lata raja said...

Thank you Satya for taking time to visit my space. I am happy to have been introduced to yours too. Loved reading the many gravies, which otherwise has become a monotony in my home.Will be visiting you often.

Trupti said...

satya, mutter paneer looks delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

My all time fav combo..just love with rotis, makes me hungry..

Sushma Mallya said...

One of my fav,just love to have this anyday with roti....it looks very yum sathya

My Kitchen Antics said...

wow creamy n appetising...it was just yesterday that my husband was thinking aloud why we dont make that many green pea dishes at home :)

Prema said...

Wow this luks verry delicious...

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Beautiful clicks along with yummy taste..

Vrinda said...

Delicious mutter paneer...

Deepika said...

Looks lovely. Thanks Satya for visiting my blog. I'm glad to find you too.

Elaichii said...

Drool, Drool....!

Nandinis food said...

Yum! It's my favorite side dish! I'd love to gobble with chapathi!

Swathi said...

Delicious matter paneer satya. I love this combo.

Uma said...

loved the gravy colour!

Arti said...

I love matar paneer Satya,
Feel like having it for dinner now :)

Rachana said...

Looks delicious and mouthwatering Satya! Its lunch time here and this curry has made me very hungry :-).

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Hi Satya

I love Mutter Panneer. You have prepared exactly the way that I love.

Thanks a lot.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Deepthi Shankar said...

matar paneer looks yumm

Suja Manoj said...

My favorite..delicious, drooling here.

Guna's kitchen said...

luks perfect.. definitely taste good... nice gravy too

Treat and Trick said...

Lovely color and looks so yummy dear....

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

lovely page you have here Satya. love the mutter paneer. my fav side dish to have for dinner. creamy and flavorful

Suman Singh said...

looks very rich and delicious..yummie!

PS said...

looks so yummy, the color is fantastic...

PranisKitchen said...

really deliicous mutter paneer.. best combo with chapti.. looks so yummy

Mina Joshi said...

Mutter paneer is my son's favourite dish!! Yours looks so delicious.

Satya said...

thanks to all for your lovely compliments

Nimi SunilKumar said...

i simply drool mutter paneer!u hv gt a lovely space...will pop in often!

Niv said...

Loved the recipe. One small doubt, when should we add coriander powder and chilli powder? is it while making paste or after that? couldn't get it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails