Friday, September 10, 2010

Monsoon Special Chole Batura


( Click image for enlarged view)

Chole Bature a made for each other pair is an authentic north indian dish with chickpeas. It is my all time favourite specially when it is raining. If one gets hot batura with steaming hot chole what else would one wish for. A few weeks back I was in the same situation n I surprised my hubby with this delightful meal n we enjoyed it.

No Onion No Garlic Chole

Ingredients

3/4 cup chickpea(garbanzo beans)
1 cup diced tomato
2 green chilli slit
1/2 inch ginger
1/4 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1/4 tsp ajwain (caraway)
2 tsp dhania powder (coriander)
1 tbsp chole masala powder (available in indian stores)
1 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder(available in indian stores)
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp oil
pinch of hing (asafoetida)
salt to taste




( Click image for enlarged view)
Cooking Procedure

Soak chickpeas overnight for 8-10 hrs with 4 cups water. Then wash it in running water and keep aside.Pressure cook it with 2 cups water n some salt with one whistle then 10 min on low flame n then switch it off.

Then make a paste of tomatos, green chilli n ginger n keep aside. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed n ajwain, once cumin seeds splutter add all the dry ingredients except garam masala n fry for 30 seconds, then add the grinded paste n fry for 2 min.

Now open the lid of pressure cooker add this gravy to it mix well n again put the lid. And cook it for 1 whistle.Now switch it off.Once it cools open the lid , lightly mash 1/4 quantity of the chickpea n let it boil. Add the garam masala n 1/2 tsp chole masala n stir nicely. Garnish with cilantro leaves n serve with hot batura or puri or even with rice.

Batura

Ingredients:
2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
3/4 tsp yeast


( Click image for enlarged view)
Cooking Procedure

Mix yeast in 1/4 cup luke warm water and keep aside for 10 min. After 10 min the yeast will br foamy which shows the yeast has activated..mix with flour add little water to make dough smooth and pliable. Keep it aside for 1/2 hr.

After 1/2 hr heat oil in a deep bottom fry pan, take the dough and knead it for 2 minutes then divide into equal portion and make the batura into a circle with a roller pin and fry each batura and serve hot with chole.

I am sending this chole bature to the wonderful events




CWF: LB - Chickpeas hosted by Nithu and started by Kiran

And Chole to the healthy event Only-Low oil or Low Calorie hosted by Priya n Started by Pari


__________________________________________________________________
Tags: Chole Batura, Channa Masala, Chole Masala, Chickpeas, Garbanzo beans curry. Batura Indian Flat Bread

38 comments:

Satrupa said...

Satya, this sure is a great combo on a rainy day. Try making bhatura by kneading the flour with some curd. It tastes good too.

Looks gr8 ! Pass me the plate.

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Anuka said...

hey satya..combo looks awesome specially the chole..mouthwatering..my all time favourite

aipi said...

Surely a match made in heaven..great combo.My favorite too..looks fab!!

US Masala

Unknown said...

Wow, combo looks so tempting, lovely pics dear.

Unknown said...

Hi Satya,

Yet another temtping recipe from you...Doing great!!

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Perfect garama garam chole bhatura...

Anonymous said...

Loved the last pic of puffing bhatura.You hv made me crave chole bhature with this post!
Sinfully Spicy

Unknown said...

Lovely treat..just had dinner...but feeling hungry again....

Urmi said...

Chole batura is my favourite dish. Chhole looks delicious and the batura looks fluffy,yummy and tempting.

Sadhana Valentina said...

Yummy..lovely combo..

Arundhuti said...

Hey Satya,

Nice recipe. It's my favourite too.

Arundhuti
My Saffron Kitchen

Akanksha said...

really super yummy..wow

Nandinis food said...

Wow! It's very delicious and appetizing! It's our very favourite!

Nandini's Food Page

Sushma Mallya said...

Yummy combo, loved it and thanks for sharing no garlic no onion chole version, its really helpful on some days...

Gouri Guha said...

Chanced upon your space from another blog spot. You have some interesting recipes.
This is one of my favorite combo.
When you have time please visit my space.

Priya Suresh said...

Beautiful combo..love bhatura anytime, chole sounds very healthy as well as delicious, thanks for sharing this version..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Really that's an unbeatable combination ...I'm unable to resist myself here after looking at the yummy combo

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

My Kitchen Antics said...

My absolute fav combo...

kitchen flavours said...

Looking at your yummy recipes and from other blogger friends, I think that I should invest in one pressure cooker which I have always wanted, but keep holding back!

Arti said...

One of my favorites!! My mouth is watering Satya... I am feeling so hungry now:)
Wish I could fly down there and grab a bite!!

Elaichii said...

Perfect combo And liked the name you gave!

www.elaichii.blogspot.com

sonu said...

looking awesomely delish !

Suji said...

Oh my a fav of mine. Pass me the platter please Satya..YUmmo to the top...

Lorraine said...

Looks delicious! This would definitely warm me up on a cold day:)

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Sathya,your dishes are wonderful now a days,so many new varieties u are preparing..wonderful combo of chole with batura.

Santosh Bangar said...

TASTY AND DELICIOUS .LOOKING AWESOME

Suja Manoj said...

Great combo..drooling.

Krishnaveni said...

delicious combo, lovely dish, beautiful, thanks for following my blog

NIDHYA said...

Looks fantabulous and nice combo.

http://aaha-oho.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Yum..I agree with the above comments..looks so delicious!

Suneetha's kitchen said...

Looks yummy satya..pass the plate to me

Adelina said...

delightful! Love such surprises- am sure by now your hubby's heart must be yours!

Dori said...

Wow, looks so yummy it made my tummy start growling!

Unknown said...

On no very obvious can't anything more heaven than this on a rainy day....oh no! now am craving for this food :)

chaitrali pathak said...

Lovely entry dear.....loved the chole bhature.....but i did not get ur mail....while surfing ur blog...i got this post...could u pls. mail me the detials again...

nandini said...

An all time favourite.. Perfect for this weather in chennai...

Unknown said...

Perfect combo.. looks delicious..

Do visit my budding blog
paruzkitchen.blogspot.com

Kannan said...

awesome

did not wait for the rains :)

the weekend was good enough a reason

my wife and I collaborated in preparing this dish guided by your recipe and our son loved it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails