Thursday, September 23, 2010

Magic With Cottage Cheese ( Paneer )

( Click image for enlarged view )

Paneer is such a versatile ingredient there is no limitation to use it. I have a big crush on paneer and whenever I come across any new variety with paneer I bookmark it without second thought. Because of this habit when I saw this paneer stuffed okra on my darling friend Aipi's blog n paneer kachori on another wonderfull blogger friend Santosh I was determined to try them very soon. And I did it !!

I thank them both for sharing these wonderfull recipes. My crush with paneer will continue for ever : )

Paneer Kachori

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp corn flour
  • 1/2 cup grated paneer
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
  • 3 tbsp grated carrot
  • 3 finely chopped chilli
  • 1/2 tsp grated ginger
  • salt to taste
  • oil for deep fry
Mix all the above ingredient except oil nicely then add 1/4 cup or less water to make a elastic n silky smooth dough.Divide the dough into 10 balls and with a rolling pin shape them into circles of 3-4 inch diameter.

Heat oil in a fry pan, once hot drop one puri at a time and let if puff. Make sure both the sides are golden brown before you remove from oil.

Serve hot with a cup of tea.

Paneer Stuffed Okra


( Click image for enlarged view )

Ingredients:
  • 15 to 20 medium size okra
  • 1/2 cup diced onions
  • 1/2 cup diced tomato
  • pinch of hing
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 tbsp oil
For Stuffing
  • 1/2 cup grated cottage cheese (paneer)
  • 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
  • 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
  • 1/4 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp chopped cilantro
  • salt to taste
Cooking Procedure

Wash the okra n pat it dry then n trim the edges and slit on one side lengthwise n keep aside.

Mix all the ingredients of stuffing with 1/2 tsp oil n stuff 1 tsp per okra.

Arrange the stuffed okra on a microwave safe plate, drizzle some oil n cook in microwave for 4 min on high.

In the meantime heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add onions,turmeric powder n hing n stir for 2 min. Then add the cooked okra to the onion mixture, sprinkle some salt n let it cook for 2 min. Stir occasionally n then add diced tomato n remaining stuffing if available. Mix softly n let them cook for 2 more min. You stuffed okra is ready.

Serve with rice or roti or as a filling for tortilla wraps.

I am sending both these recipes to


__________________________________________________________
Tags: Paneer, Cottage cheese, Paneer Bharwan Bhindi, Paneer Kachori

56 comments:

Unknown said...

both r such wonderful recipe!!!..I will also take paneer anytime!!...super yummy!!:))

Santosh Bangar said...

HI SATYA
TUMNE TO KAMAL HI KAR DIYA HUMSE BHI ACHHI !REALY SUPARVE AND OKRA IS SO DELICIOS FENTASTIC I CANOT EXPLAIN IN ONE WORD GOOD JOB

Suneetha's kitchen said...

yummy..i too love paneer..

aipi said...

Glad to see you got a chance to try my okra paneer recipe out..I am especially pleased as this recipe is very close to my heart as I believe it to be one of the very original recipe that my mom came up with..very nicely recreated :)

US Masala

Elaichii said...

OMG those 2 paneer dishes look so fab!Excellent job Satya!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Hi Satya
Both the Panner based preparations look so mouthwatering. Congrats!

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Anonymous said...

Wow....loved the paneer kachori....yum yum

~Lisa~ said...

This dish is such a great comfort food. I love the ingredients and flavor of this recipe. Thanks for sharing. And your love affair with paneer continue (=

Suji said...

Both paneer stuffed okra and paneer kachori looks so delicious Satya...

Kavita Saharia said...

Paneer and Okra -never thought of this combination before,going to try this recipe--looks very yummy .Kachoris made my mouth water.

Daisy Roshan said...

hi satya...both the recipes are awesome....very very inviting...

Sushma Mallya said...

Both these recipes are lovely esp aipi's okra...looks so delicious..

Satrupa said...

Had never thought of Paneer n Okra .... looks nice.

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

SavithaRaj's Spice Land said...

Paneer and okra is a very different combo...nice recipe and click!

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Wonderful and delicious paneer recipe.

Aps Kitchen said...

Wow this is new nd really a magic :)

Indian food recipes said...

wow!my fav paneer kachori!looks perfect Sathya...luv both the dishes esp. paneer stuffed okra..tnx 4 posting

NIDHYA said...

Satya, wonderful looking dishes..love paneer.

http://aaha-oho.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Satya,

Amazing recipe dear...should start cooking with paneer..no time!!

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

Sulagna said...

Just awesome..Your husband is soo lucky to have someone like you in his life !!

Best Regards
Sulagna
http://e-senseofspicenfragrance-sulagna.blogspot.com/

chitra said...

This wuld make a nice snack. Shall try this. Very nutritious too.

Nandita SS said...

Hi Satya,

Even I have a huge crush on panner. The kachoris look so delicious. Great recipe.

Suma Rowjee said...

Awesome Sathya! I have never made kachoris at home, this one looks delicious. Am sure your cooking has won your man's heart and many others' too:-))

Rekha said...

Kachoris...yummmmmm..only wish is they wouldn;t add inches on my tummy and hips ;)

Raks said...

Very new recipes to me! Kachori sounds to be great,loved the bindi too! Thanks for sharing!

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

kachoris came out very perfect..and the stuffed paneer binhis r really awesome, even i wanted to try this from aipi's blog

chaitrali pathak said...

both dishes looks lovely....

Jaisy James said...

wow looks yummy dear

Niloufer Riyaz said...

both the paneer recipes looks mouthwatering!!!

Priya Suresh said...

Fabulous looking kachori and stuffed okra masala, makes me hungry..beautiful entries Satya..

My Kitchen Antics said...

The stuffed okra is definitely gonna make its way into my kitchen soon :)

Urmi said...

Both dishes are new and interesting. Looks delicious and tempting. Wonderful presentation.

sonu said...

wow satya..amazing ..paneer is my luv too :)...both the dishes look delicious !

Joanne said...

I have a serious love of paneer as well! I need to try both of these recipes!

Akanksha said...

both recipes look so good...I love paneer too

Nupur said...

Very innovative- thanks for your entry!

Nandinis food said...

Paneer has got at least million fans, I guess. The stuffed okras are very lovely!

Nandini's Food Page

Mina Joshi said...

Love both your recipes using Paneer!! Both new recipes for me so will certainly try them out.

Simply Life said...

wow that looks great!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Oh Satya, perfect combo meal. love these paneer kachoris. you are a great cook and very enthusiast too. wish I have lived near you.

Unknown said...

Both paneer stuffed okra and paneer kachori looks fab and I am sure tastes as good.

Anonymous said...

You have the most fabulous recipes! Thank you very much for sharing.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Both the recipes looks incredibly delicious...you are so creative...love to try this...
Tasty Appetite

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Wonderful recipes. Perfectly done !!!

Arti said...

These look absolutely mouth watering and yummmy... Just cant wait to have them!!!

Swathi said...

Both are delicious recipes. Perfectly done

abraham said...

Both paneer stuffed okra and paneer kachori .. i am certainly gonna make it..

Krishnaveni said...

wow, both the dishes are really great sathya, delicious

Unknown said...

I loved the title....you really made a magic....loved both the dishes...

Unknown said...

Am drooling over the paneer kachori..Okra dish looks great too..You are a wonderful cook Sathya..

Lorraine said...

I have always wanted to try paneer and also okra. I will have to try yours. Both dishes look wonderful:)

PreeOccupied said...

Satya, both are perfect. I have never had bhindi with paneer stuffed in it! I am tempted to try it.

Sadhana Valentina said...

Lovely and perfect!

Unknown said...

am craving for me some savory these days, puffed kachori and those ladies finger my my delicious and inviting! :)

Myvegfare said...

very yummy!, satya, both look so gorgeous dear

Neenu Praveen said...

This luks really gud der...gona gve a try

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails